Sunday, February 22, 2009

This time last year

I was in the first ward and on the activities committee. I was a shy girl and didn't know or have a lot of friends in my ward. I usually sat by myself and didn't talk to very many people. It was sad, really. Then, at the ice cream social, that all changed.

Since I was like this, I spent most of my time in the kitchen with a few other girls. I met two of my best friends that night. One of the girls, Natalie, was telling some of us about something that had just recently happened to her and how she was going through a hard time. I joined in on the conversation and her and I were instantly friends. Why had I not been friends with her before?

I know that there is a reason we were both there that night and that we both needed each other in our lives. And, we still do. We are still there for each other whenever one of us needs something. No matter what. I am so grateful for wonderful friends.

This is also the night a very important person came into my life, Brad. You know, that crazy boy I'm dating:) Anyway, he was dating a girl at the time so I even though I was interested, I couldn't do anything about it.

He dated his girlfriend for a little bit longer, and then they broke up. Brad and I started dating a while later. I am so blessed to have him in my life. Knowing these people have truly made me who I am today and I am so lucky to know them. They have helped me so much in my life.

No comments: