Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What's better than flowers...

In the year and a half Brad and I have been dating, he has never given me flowers. He tells me they just die. And I tell him, but they're SO pretty! So instead of flowers, he gives me chocolate. Which, who doesn't like chocolate? I am a typical girly girl, so as most girls, I LOVE getting flowers. So I occasionally "hint" to him that I would love to get flowers, and that they're so pretty. It never works. He did attempt to give me flowers when I graduated from MATC, but he gave me ice cream instead. Who can complain about that, not me! So I thought this Valentines would be different. I hoped that he would MAYBE get me flowers. Did he, nope. But, I finally realized something. Something that he's been trying to explain to me the whole time we've been dating. For Valentine's day I got him Jazz tickets for us to go to a game. So, he took me to Fanzz to get a Jazz shirt to wear to the game. We were talking on Sunday night, and I was telling him how much I love flowers and how pretty they are. And he said, "Wouldn't you rather get a shirt you can wear instead of flowers that just die in a few days?" That is when I realized, getting yummy chocolates and shirts and things you can keep and eat, and things that don't die, are much BETTER than flowers. There, I said it. Thanks babe!
P.S. I still love flowers! But, I love chocolates even MORE!

4 comments:

Melissa O said...

Even though they die I love flowers. I seriously could receive flowers every week and be quite alright with that. Uh Lover Boy get her some flowers.

Brianna Jean said...

Smart guy :)
But flowers just do wonders for a girls day

Anonymous said...

Someday I will get you some :)

PS can you change your main picture where the camera is shoved up in my face? :)

{sArAh} said...

It's funny how different guys & girls think huh? I hope you get flowers at least once though! But chocolate is always good :)