Monday, September 22, 2008

Blackhawk... again!

Sorry, I know you're probably sick of hearing about Blackhawk and you probably think that's all I ever do. But, this is my third time going to this summer. The first time was with my ward, the second time was labor day with Brad's family, and this time was with Brad's family as well. Brad and I drove up friday night right after he got off work and met his parents up there. We had pancakes for dinner with DELICIOUS homemade rasberry jam that we all scarfed down! Then, Brad built a fire and we just sat around it. It was a beautiful night and the stars are always so pretty up there. The next morning, we rolled out of bed and were just lazy. While breakfast was being made, Brad and I went on a walk around the loop. It was GEORGEOUS!!! The leaves are changing colors up there and words can't describe how pretty it is up there. It is searously breathtaking. Then, after a delicious breakfast, it started raining off and on so we waited till it stopped and dried so we could go cut wood. That was the point of this trip. Was to get wood for the winter. While we were waiting for it to dry, we played games. Then, it dried up and we headed to get wood. The best part was the drive and seeing all the pretty leaves! After getting the wood, Laraine (brad's mom) and I read our Twilight books and Brad did homework. Then I took a nice little nap:) Then we got dinner ready and had BT's (we had no lettuce) and they were yummy! Then, we played more games! Then we made another fire and brad and i had s'mores! Then, Kim and Dave (Brad's sister and her husband) and their 3 girls suprised us and came to join the fun! They were originally supposed to come, but they had lots to get done! Then we all just hung out! We were glad to have them there! The next day we woke up and had another yummy breakfast! Then brad and i went on another walk around the loop. Then we took tons of cute pictures of his cute nieces. Then his other sister and brother in law, Traci and Jethro and their 2 little girls came up just in time for dinner! After dinner, we all just sat in the trailor NOT wanting to go home. I still don't want to be here! You would all understand if you've ever been there. It's AMAZING! I'm having some serious Blackhawk withdrawls! I miss it. But, we'll be going back soon!!! Thanks, Brad and Sheen's for the great time!:) Here are some pictures from the event!

Brad took this picture on our morning walk
Here is David, (Brad's dad) cutting down a tree to get wood
Here's my buff man carrying the wood to the truck ;)
Here is me "helping" notice no wood!:)
Sorry Laraine! This is Brad's cute mom loading the wood into the truck!

Playing golf! Sorry the picture is dark...
Ashlie, Alyssa and Amanda, Brad's cute nieces!
Me! I like how the sun is shining on my back... :)
Me and Brad!
CUTE Panina. The newest addition to Brad's family! She's 1 month and cute as ever.

On our way out the canyon. I was SO SO SO sad to leave. But it was so fun and i LOVED it!!

1 comment:

Laraine said...

I am happy that you love Blackhawk as much as we do! There really is something very special about it. We are so glad you came with us again. You are a joy to be around...and I have someone to play games with! Thanks for the fun!